Friday, August 27, 2010

Frozen Grapes


I don't know how it took over two decades of being alive for me to start putting grapes in the freezer! It's such a simple and easy thing to do and totally changes a grape into a refreshing, icy treat; they're like small, oval popsicles and can even be used as substitute ice cubes that won't melt and dilute your drink. Unlike most other fruits, they don't go totally rock solid when frozen but maintain a slight slushiness so they're always ready to eat. It goes without saying that frozen grapes are a great thing to have on hand in the summer but it's easy enough to just keep a bag of grapes in the freezer year round.

3 comments:

Jenni @ Project Cookie 365 said...

Seriously. Try roasting or warming them. It's soooo yummy! I found that out when I was about 15... teenage girls making silly "food videos" we held grapes over candles to "roast" them. They get soooo juicy!

Jane See said...

Ooh nice idea! I think I'll try freezing them then putting them in drinks. Might be visually nice.
I've tried making tuna mozarella pizza with grapes and they were great too. :)

the style crusader said...

oh my goodness! frozen grapes have been one of my favourite things since i was a kid! this is too funny that you've posted on this... so glad there are other frozen grape lovers out there! mmm... they look so good. xx