Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pizza Express


This is the Calabrese pizza I had at the Hampstead Pizza Express in London. The Calabrese is described as "Our hottest pizza yet. Slices of spicy Italian Calabrese sausage D.O.P with fiery green chillies, roquito peppers and hot soft sausage - topped with fior di latte mozzarella, watercress tossed in basil pesto. Inspired by Francesco's grandmother, this pizza is served on a hand-stretched rectangular base - finished with Calabrian oregano and grana padano". It actually was really hot! Definitely one of the better pizzas I've had but at £11(almost $16 USD), it was the most expensive meal I had in London, though it also served as spicy breakfast the next morning. Pizza Express seems just high end enough of a franchise that the food is good quality and they benefit from the atmosphere of an actual restaurant but the prices aren't ridiculous.

Pizza Express on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Ma princesse de pĂȘches said...

Looks sooo delicious. I'm not a big fan of hot things but it's so colourful I don't think I would be able to resist. And who can deny spicy breakfast? haha
http://mypeachprincess.blogspot.com
Love,
xx. Peach Princess ♥